Gluten Free Air Fryer Chicken Legs
Come in and enjoy this low carb twist on a classic southern entree with the ease of using an air fryer. This Air Fryer Fried Chicken is a keto recipe that will leave the family asking for more!
Air Frying has become one of my favorite ways to cook meat. It will leave the meat with a nice crispy shell on the outside but hold all the juices in. All without using all that unhealthy frying oil. Just a nice light mist of olive oil and you are set.
For this recipe, I recommend to get skin-on chicken to provide that nice crispy outer layer that we have all come to love on traditional Fried Chicken.
The only real necessary ingredient is the Almond Flour. It will get very crispy and helps bind all the other seasonings together to provide great flavor.
Experiment and play around with the seasonings a bit to fit your taste buds.
Also, if you don’t have an air fryer, you can make this in the oven. Just double the cooking time from the recipe (or until internal meat temp reaches 165* F) and if possible, bake the chicken on a baking rack.
Gluten Free Air Fried Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer
- 10 Skin-On Chicken Legs
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Creole Seasoning
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Olive Oil mist
- Combine everything except the chicken and oil spray in a large zip-top bag.
- Add 4 chicken pieces to the bag with the spices and seal the top.
- Shake the bag to coat the chicken, then transfer to the air fryer.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer and mist with the Olive Oil. (the oil helps the almond flour get brown, but is not required)
- Repeat steps for remaining chicken.
- Cook at 370 degrees for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (75 degrees C). Flip the chicken halfway through.
- Serve Immediately and Enjoy!
For more of my recipes head back to my Cooking page.